The title pretty much says it all. Weaver Eye Care Associates is looking for an experienced optician for our optical department. There will be an ad running in the Reading Eagle starting either tomorrow or Saturday, but here is a little bit more detail about the position. I'm also posting it to craigslist.org, but "Craig" is having issues showing the ad in his "list" for some stupid reason. So, if you or anyone you know who may be interested, please do not call the office. The phones have yet to be installed. Instead, send the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. Here's the ad:
"Experienced Optician needed for new rural optometry private practice in Bernville, PA. This is a part-time position for Mondays, Tuesday mornings, Wednesdays, Fridays and some Saturday mornings. Electronic medical records and computer practice management system will be used, so computer skills are required. A positive attitude and friendliness is a must.
- Make patient comfortable in the eyeglass frame, lens, and coatings selection process to facilitate the sale
- Troubleshoot patient eyewear complaints
- Adjust eyewear and minor repairs
- Take accurate optical measurements to eliminate unnecessary remakes
- Process, order, and dispense eyewear
- Assist doctor with maintaining inventory
- Greet and Check-In patients
- Answer phones
- Garner referrals and new patients
- Verify insurance coverage
- Schedule/Verify appointments
- Place contact lens orders
- Check-Out patients, take payments, and schedule follow-up visits
- Maintain tidiness of optical and reception area
This is a great opportunity to become part of an exciting, new eye care practice in Berks County in a friendly and relaxed working environment. Resumes accepted by email only, no phone calls. Please list references, work experience and asking hourly wage."
Other than finding the right employee, things are progressing very well with the practice. Shipments are coming in and the office space is shaping up quite nicely. Flooring and cabinetry should be completed in the next few days, while equipment and optical furniture will arrive in the next 2 weeks. I'll get photos up soon as well.